Autumn Arts Festival-Photography
Dates: 10/22/2013 - 10/31/2013
Location: Tuscany - Dievole Chianti Classico Winery
Instructor: Chris Corradino
Il Chiostro celebrates this time of the year in Tuscany with our final program - The Autumn Arts Festival. We offer 3 separate workshops that all overlap throughout this 10-day celebration of the arts, the harvest, the wine and this wonderful region of Italy. The workshops are:
- Watercolor and Oil Painting with Howard Friedland and Susan Blackwood
- Tuscan Cuisine with Linda Mironti
- Digital Photography with Chris Corradino
In addition to your workshop we offer Italian Opera Appreciation lectures with Prof. Lincoln Clark each evening before dinner. This is open to all participants.
Program Description - Designing and Composing Travel Photographs:
Tuscany in Autumn offers passionate photographers a magnificent opportunity to create dynamic images of Italy. During this spectacular 10 day workshop, you will work closely with Chris Corradino, your Instructor, to not only master the technical aspects of photography, but also to develop your unique creative vision.
Whether you have recently embarked on your photographic journey, or are a seasoned photographer, each day holds limitless opportunity for artistic growth. By learning how to control your camera and utilize its features creatively, you will begin to create photographs that surpass what was previously possible.
Dievole Vineyards, Photo Copyright © Chris Corradino
Some of the techniques that will be covered include:
- creative use of aperture and shutter speed
- using flash
- understanding white balance
- demystifying the histogram
- manual exposure
- utilizing new camera features such as Live View
- focusing techniques
- working with different directions of light
Rather than limiting this workshop to one particular style of photography, these ten days will encompass a wide range of subjects such as low light landscapes, candid and street scenes, portraits, and macro work.
When we are not out capturing photos, you will enjoy informative presentations designed to strengthen the concepts taught in the field. Your journey culminates with a slideshow of images that span the trip.
A perfect place to hold a Workshop .... wasn`t it the most beautiful place! I had the BEST 9 days and I wish to thank you very much indeed for being such an excellent instructor. I learnt heaps and enjoyed every minute of our trips to Siena, Florence, Cortona, San Giovanni - the early morning shoots and the wonderful evening location in Florence. My understanding of my camera and the knowledge of what it is capable of is all thanks to you.
Sample Lesson: Watch as Chris explains how to use Live View and other techniques to photograph beautiful Dahlias at Eisenhower Park in New York:
Price: $2,995 p/p
Single supplement - $600 (limited number available)
Suite supplement - $450 p/p (limited number available)
- Room (double or suite) with full bathroom
- 2 meals per day (dinner with wine and full Tuscan breakfast)
- Workshop tuition and fees (except where noted)
- General activities (except where noted)
- Transfers between Siena train or bus station and Dievole
Note: if you are traveling alone, we can match you up with a roommate.
Departure is on morning of October 31st.
General Activities Open to All Participants (in addition to workshop):
Most activities take place in and around the 900 year old Dievole estate & vineyard.
- Winery tour and tasting, featuring Dievole`s Chianti Classico
- Italian Opera Appreciation classes every evening before dinner
- Excursion to Siena
- 1-day excursion to Florence
- Dinner in the old cantina
- Various topical excursions with your class
- Special evening concerts and surprise entertainment, TBA
- Pig Roast celebrating the harvest and the arts
Price does not include:
- Museum admissions
- Local bus or train fares
- Laptops or other photography equipment for participants in photography workshop.
To Register: just click on the Sign Up Now button below. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your spot in the workshop. Payment can be made on line with a credit card, or you can follow the instructions to send in your registration and payment by mail. Once we receive your deposit we will send you a formal Registration Confirmation with further information about the program. You will receive 2-3 other correspondences by email prior to the workshop with information about Italy, a supplies list and an electronic invoice for the balance. Final Balance is due by September 1st. Any time prior to your arrival, if you have questions about anything regarding the trip or the program, you can contact us by email or phone and we`ll be happy to assist you.
Dievole Sunrise, Photo Copyright © Chris Corradino
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us live at 800-990-3506.